2018 NCIDQ Handout for Test Takers
The Council for Interior Design Qualification recently published this helpful handout for all NCIDQ candidates interested in sitting for the exams in 2018.
Download the full, 2-page document HERE.
Understanding the value of continuing education and research has been the mainstay of IIDA since its inception. Educated practitioners make informed, safe, and creative decisions which affect us all. Educational programs serve as a creative outlet to promote awareness regarding pertinent issues within the practice of Interior Design.
Continuing Education Units
The current compliance period runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017.
IIDA Professional and Associate Members are required to complete and report 1.0 CEU (10 hours) of Continuing Education prior to December 31, 2017. All Professional and Associate Members (active and inactive) including Educators, IIDA Fellows and Chapter Officers must adhere to IIDA compliance requirements.
The current compliance period applies if you became a Professional or an Associate Member prior to January 1, 2016. This allows you two years to complete the 1.0 CEU requirements. If you became a Professional or Associate Member after January 1, 2016 your first compliance period begins January 1, 2018.
Important IIDA Facts to Remember
- IIDA's compliance requirements are independent from individual state licensure continuing education requirements. Note: Some, but not all, courses may be submitted for consideration for both IIDA Membership compliance and your state requirement. IIDA encourages Members to contact your state licensing board or jurisdictional authority to verify acceptance of non-IDCEC approved Continuing Education programs.
- IIDA does not post-date CEUs, so you must submit CEUs within one (1) month of attending the program.
- Keep a copy of all CEU records including Individual Approval Reporting Forms and Certificates of Attendance/Completion. According to IIDA policy, Members may be requested to submit proof of course completion to IIDA Headquarters.
- If you have questions regarding your Continuing Education status, contact NCIDQ to request a transcript of your records at 202.721.0220. Maintenance of CEU records is the responsibility of the individual IIDA Member.
- 10 hours = 1.0 CEUs (Continuing Education Units). Minimum course length for CEU registration is 1 hour. Courses are measured in whole hour increments only.